Welcome to episode 2 of the FRR Books Podcast series on Max Stirner’s The Unique and its Property translated by Wolif Landstreicher. In this podcast we cover section 1.2.3 The Hierarchy, completing section 1.2, stopping just before section 1.3 The Free.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a fixed idea? Can we be free of fixed ideas
- Is Kahar a nihilist? Is Stirner a nihilist? Can Kahar defend nihilism against Rydra’s devilish advocacy
- Can we actually abandon objective morality
- Ethics as a semantic and non-meaningful replacement of morality
- What is a self? Are our selves continuous, discontinuous, or something else
- Nev always desires to be bad and that is kind of hotttt
- We discuss essence and if we have an essence using Francis Bacon’s Scream painting and Milan Kundera’s thoughts on them
- How hard is rydra’s solipsism? Can Kahar avoid being negated by it? Does he care or is he just a tentacle of rydra’s octopus.
- Discussion of how we can trust another person with the context being them changing over time
Editing and Sound by Nev
Voiced by rydra wrong, Kahar, and Nev
Invisible Labor by Chuck
Production by rydra wrong