In episode VII we discuss the second half of the chapter My Intercourse in the Unique and Its Property by Max Stirner, translated by Wolfi Lanstreicher.
What happens when six friends(aided by adult beverages and friendly plants) get together on a sailboat(well a parked sailboat) in the Pacific Ocean to discuss Stirner’s seminal piece of writing. Did the world change? Did we change? Did we discuss whether or not this was even possible? I’m not so sure. What I do know is that there are few things I love more than reading a book and shooting the shit with a few friends who also enjoy battling over ideas and seeing if it possible to take them out of the realm of the platonic and into the realm of our lives. To listen to us is to listen on a conversation shared between friends that we do for our selves but also that we love to share. Here are some things we hit on:
- What is love? What does love have to do with it? What does is mean to love every one instead of everyone.
- Food metaphors, digest, break it up, now I’m hungry!
- We fight about his idea of choice and how that relates to tearing down freedom
- Stirner doesn’t talk enough about engaging with non-humans! We hold him to account for his anthropomorphizing
- Can you join the party without it changing you? We disagree!
- We argue about buddhism and its relevance if any
- Much more but I am done typing and if you are still listening at this point then you probably will just listen! Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voiced by rydra wrong, Keehar, John, Nev, & Big Cat
Sound editing by Big Cat
Internet Warrioring by rydra wrong
Music: No Trend- reality breakdown
Buzzcocks- everybody’s happy nowadays